Family Turns Christmas Eve Dinner Into a Barbarian Affair
Posted on 1/19/2013 by Jason
One of the attendees of last summer’s Escape Adulthood Summit was inspired by the Barbarian birthday party we held to celebrate our son Ben turning one. She wanted to have one with her family on Christmas Eve, but she was worried about how it would be received. Unsurprisingly, it would be quite a departure from their normal holiday traditions.
Judging by the pictures she sent, it seems like it went over pretty well. (Bonus points for the twisty straw!)
Sometimes the biggest hurdle to initiating a Small Rebellion is our own fear. That feeling of dread or uncertainty is Adultitis’ last stand against against you. 90% of the time, our attempts at a Small Rebellion will be well received and much appreciated. So maybe it falls flat the other 10% of the time.
The cool thing? In either scenario, Adultitis loses.